Staff Officer Training (SOT) is the principal advisor to the OC on matters pertaining to the delivery and execution of training throughout the WG, IAW the Manual of Ground Training (MoGT), and AAFC policies and procedures.
- SOT is to provide advice to 3WG personnel on the delivery of SQN home training, activities and courses not regulated by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and the Gliding Federation of Australia (GFA).
- SOT ensures the delivery and maintenance of standards throughout the WG on training issues.
- SOT is a member of the WG Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- SOT provides feedback to Director Training (DT) on the development and implementation of Ground Training policy and procedures in consultation with the SLT
Staff Officer Training (SOT) also oversees the Specialist Training Flights that operate within 3WG:
- 341FLT - Aeromodelling
- 342FLT - Field Craft and Adventure Training
- 343FLT - Firearms
- 344FLT - Musicians.