The Executive Officer (XO) is the primary support position to the OC to ensure effective management and leadership of the operational Wing.
- The Executive Officer is to provide high quality leadership, personnel management and support to assist SQN COs to deliver their operational and training outcomes.
- The Executive Officer ensures the delivery and maintenance of standards throughout the Wing, with particular regard to the metropolitan Squadrons.
- The Executive Officer is a member of the Wing Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- The Executive Officer is the manager of the HQ compliment of staff.
- There are 5 XOs in 3 Wing, 1x Wing and 4x Regional XOs
The XO(N), XO(S) & XO(W) manage their respective Headquarters Detachments located at regional centres outside of Sydney. XO (N), (S) and (W) have direct responsibility for the day to day administration of their squadrons. This includes the receipt and processing of applications for appointment, promotion, transfer and termination, breaches of discipline or financial accountabilities and administration and maintenance of training programs for cadets and staff.
|XO - Wing|
|XO - Metro||302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 318, 322, 323, 324, 336|
|XO - North||308, 311, 312, 316, 317, 321, 326, 331. 333, 335|
|XO - West||310, 313, 319, 328, 329, 337, 339|
|XO - South||314, 315, 325, 330, 332,334, 338, 340|